Saturday, July 04, 2009

Digital TV - One more thing that doesn't work in America

So the DTV "change over" came to pass last month. I took my little Kitchen TV that worked for the last 25 years (black & white but got every channel) and replaced it with a state of the art, LCD Digital Ready unit. I also bought the converter box and a Special Digital ready Antenna so that I would now have all my channels in brilliant Digital HD. How nice.

The LCD gets channel 2, channel 4 and the spanish channel up in the UHF band (well it USED to be called the UHF band, I haven't got a clue what they call it now.

Digital TV is brilliant. It freezes, it pixelates, it simply shuts down for no apparant reason. If I want to take my TV out on the patio in the summer, I can't because it needs to be hooked up to a raft of electronic bullcrap that doesn't work to begin with.

I no longer get any of the local channels, the channels I do get are unwatchable and I spent $600.00 so that I could watch a blank screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home