Friday, July 24, 2009

Darwin/God/Racism?




Ok, so I'm watching this special about how a school district had the audacity to want to allow their science students to know that there was an "Alternative" theory to Darwin's, so they proposed to introduce "intelligent design" which is more or less a recently coined phrase to take the place of the horrible term "Creationism".

I have no problem with "Creationism", but the term freaks out those secular folks who think that the mere mention of ANYTHING remotely or not so remotely connected to a deity will cause their skin to erupt in boils and their testicles to shrivel and fall off (Wow! Wouldn't THAT be cool?)

Actually, any time you talk to one of these people you get the distinct impression that they must be REALLY FRIGHTENED that God might really exist. Now I don't know what they have to be afraid of, unless it's the active endorsement of abortion as a method of birth control, or the protection of pedophiles through manipulation of legal irregularities, or the concerted efforts to remove any form of religion, spirituality, or faith from daily life (unless it's RADICAL ISLAM which they are too afraid to condemn, but I'm drifting off point).



So they found some little point that they could seize upon that proved that Intelligent Design was just another name for Creationisim and had this huge court battle where they pitted one scientist against another, "I believe that our children should be able to hear another side to the story" the I.D. folks stated. "YOU CAN'T PROVE I.D. SO IT'S NOT REAL SCIENCE" shouted back the opposition. "Well, you can't PROVE DARWIN'S THEORY EITHER" countered the I.D. crowd.


Our Forefather

In the end, the question was asked "Do you really believe that man evolved from the apes"? Now this is the crux of Darwin's theory and has been a hot topic since the Scopes trial (Where it was the other way around and everyone was in a huff about us springing from Monkey's). So we've come full circle it seems because the answer to the question was a resounding "YES! I DO believe that we evolved from apes". So the judge in his judicial omnipotence declared that I.D. could NOT be taught in science class and that it couldn't be mentioned or promoted or discussed. There's a fair minded, open decision if I ever heard one. Of course, the ACLU was deep into this case because they are at the forefront of eliminating any sort of morality or faith from America.

So according to the Federal Judge it is absolutely fine to teach Darwin and that our ancestors swung in the trees. Any reference to God having a part in any of this is VERBOTEN!.



Opposable Thumbs and EVERYTHING!

I actually don't have any problem with the decision, and I'm SURE that if I was to say that OBAMA'S ancestors were a bunch of monkey's swinging in the trees that NO ONE could find the tiniest bit of fault with the statement... right? After all , if the Federal Judge said so, it HAS to be true! The ACLU agrees so they'd be on my side too.

Wow! I'm in powerful company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home